Thursday, August 18, 2011

You don't have to be a kid to act like one...

Reason #476 why I love J-Dawg: 
As you know, J-Dawg is just simply a blast. Everything done with him instantaneously becomes fun. I've had boyfriends in the past that would be fun for a minute, then would either become irritating or just flat out boring shortly after. I have not experienced this with J-Dawg, and don't believe I ever will. So... what do you do with the most fun kid ever?! Take him to 3-D movies and go-cart racing, DUH! 

After the Alan Jackson concert, we returned back to my folks house. Then J-Dawg, my mom and I purchased tickets to watch Cars 2 in 3-D. J-Dawg loves animated films, and I love watching them with him. They are also my favorite, but I never thought I'd meet someone who enjoys them as much as I do (except my niece).  J-Dawg just cracks up throughout kids movies, and then remembers the best quotes from them. He is such a pure and sweet individual (just like a child), and I love that about him. 


We arrived to theater, and for the big premier there was Cars stuff everywhere, including a car show out front. We found posters of Cars characters that kids had drawn, and J-Dawg helped me to see, my name was on it! 



We then went into the theater and were excited to watch the previews for upcoming films. Cars 2 ended up being a very cute movie and I love that Mater saved the day! I'm just sad that most Disney movies now have social, economic, or environmental message directed to children, when they are just supposed to be fun (with maybe a subtle moral message in it like Aesop's Fables). 
But we watched the movie and enjoyed our 3-D glasses. 

J-Dawg had been talking about this indoor race track for awhile, and he finally talked me into going. Although I love to speed, I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of teenagers on the same track as me, playing bumper cars. But I thought why not, and tried it anyways. 


We suited up and got into our cars. I was very cautious, slowing down at all the curves (I didn't wanna get flipped around and hit head on), whereas J-Dawg was just haulin! I lost count of the amount of times he passed me. I just waved and blew him a kiss, but I think he was going too fast to even see. 

Well, it goes without saying, J-Dawg kicked my butt. He decided to go a second time and I chose to sit on the sidelines and be his cheerleader. Teenagers bother me for the most part, and he had the same problem on his second go-round. They were acting ridiculous, using them as bumper carts, and didn't slow down when the caution flag was up. Although J-Dawg was leading, one of the rotten adolescents got their car stuck and hung out in front of him to let the others pass. Boo on teenagers. 

But we still had fun. He finished in the top both races. That's the great thing about J-Dawg-- no matter how many people try to ruin his fun, it just doesn't happen. It takes a lot to get him down, he's just a happy laid-back fella. We left holding hands and smiling.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great picture of the two of you in your helmets. :)

    ReplyDelete