Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where in the world did the last two months go!?!

So, when I arranged my dates for lessons in Brussels, I was a tad panicked. It was my first semester in 17 years without classes and the only to-do was work part-time. How in the heck was I going to waste away two months, I worried. Well, success, I did it! January is totally gone and I haven't a clue where it went, and February is on its way out the door, while I'm trying my best to slow its pace as it takes off.

As you can see, the countdown is to the right of the screen and I'm within two weeks! WTH!? Where did all that time go? What have I done? Rest assured, it wasn't all spent goofing off. I've been reading numerous tour books on Europe, cleaned out my house numerous times and found lots of items to put in garage sales (another money making venture to accumulate some spending money), made plenty of necklaces, created a web site to sell them, marketed and sold them at feed stores, and visited with the folks and Tres a lot. I guess that isn't all too bad, knowing that two months goes by MUCH faster than it did when I was in high school.

My sister and Monique are stinkin' awesome and have taken on all the difficulty of planning an international trip, allowing me to be the tourist and say "Oooo, look how pretty!" without realizing what went into it all to get there.Thanks girls, I owe you! A belgian waffle dinner and a couple of beers are on me! We're going to get to see REAL Delft glassware, Dutch windmills, watch cheese being made, go to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, and on a river boat tour! YAAAAAYYYYY!

I am so excited! Please check in often, as I will try to update this nightly with pictures and more details once I get there. Thank you very much to my mom, my sister, Monique, my grandpa and Dialogue Language courses for allowing this all to be possible!

PS. Also be watching out for my pictures on Facebook, as I enter to win a new pair of Anderson Bean boots, in the "Where in the world have your Beans been" contest. I'll submit some cool pictures of my Anderson Bean boots in Europe, and please tell your friends to vote for them! Voting ends March 15th and I'll have pics up by the 12th.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to have a blast, so jealous!!! Eat lots of yummmy food for me, can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a blast Traci! Eat lots of yummy food, can't wait to see pictures and hear about your adventures

    ReplyDelete